On a Gluten-free Diet?
Find What You Need at Pete’s Fresh Market
Gluten-free Eating doesn’t have to be Difficult
- Living a gluten-free lifestyle is becoming easier with a growing selection of gluten-free products.
- At Pete’s Fresh Market, we understand that everyone’s dietary needs are unique.
- While at times you may feel overlooked because of your special diet, we are here to help introduce you to new possibilities.
- With the help of the information below and in-store signage, we hope to provide you with an abundance of options.
- Although many people refrain from eating gluten due to sensitivities, you’ll find that most gluten-intolerant individuals suffer from Celiac Disease, a chronic digestive disorder, and avoiding foods high in gluten will help alleviate its symptoms.
- The best way to avoid gluten is by knowing where gluten is found: in wheat, barley, oats, and rye.
- Below is a short list of products that usually contain gluten (unless specifically marketed as gluten-free) that you should avoid:
- Cakes & Pastries
- Soy Sauce
- Grain Alcohols (beer, ale, rye, scotch, bourbon, grain vodka)
- Always check labels and confirm with the manufacturer for exact production details.
As always, consult your doctor regarding any dietary restrictions. These outlines for a gluten-free diet serve only as a guide. Be sure to consult with your doctor or a nutritionist for advice on how to meet your individual needs.
At Pete’s Fresh Market, we believe in giving you the best quality products for the best value.
We got our start in the early 1970s as a small, full-service produce stand on the south side of Chicago and have not strayed far from those humble beginnings. Produce is still the heart and soul of our business, as our fruit and vegetables continue to be hand-picked and delivered daily. Extending beyond fresh produce, each of our stores has a full service kitchen, bakery, and deli with dedicated and artistic staff. In-house butchers are at your service to answer your questions, assist in your selection, and prepare our fine meats to your exact specifications. Finally, no supermarket would be complete without aisles of your pantry essentials. We boast thousands of top quality groceries and imports, including a wide array of international, gluten-free, and organic products.
As a family owned and operated business with over 40 years of experience, Pete’s Fresh Market has stayed true to its core values: delivering the highest quality and freshest products at an honest price.